Keto Diet Common Questions
WHAT IS A KETO DIET?
IS KETO RIGHT FOR ME?
WHAT FOODS CAN YOU EAT ON A KETOGENIC DIET?
The keto diet is a more controlled diet, restricting you from eating foods which contain too many carbs. These are the top keto foods to eat:
- Meat/Fish/Lactose-free dairy
- Plant fat sources – avocado and olive oil
- Leafy Greens
- Non-Starchy Veg- general rule of thumb, if it grows underground it’s a no go
IS A KETO DIET HARD TO MAINTAIN?
A lot of people use keto to kick-start a weight loss diet or stay on it long term for multiple reasons. When it comes to diets, do what works for you. To really get the most from keto, we would recommend sticking to it for at least a month at a time. Here are some of our top keto preparation tips:
- Preparation is key, make sure you prep meals for when you’re on-the-go and if you’re eating out do a bit of research on what restaurants to go to.
- Most diets leave you hungry; a ketogenic diet doesn’t. Win!
- Try and create a temptation free environment, particularly at home.
- Support! Try and connect with others following the diet, join Facebook groups and follow Instagram keto bloggers for inspiration. We have a Facebook Keto group where we post the latest news, tips and keto recipes. You can also ask us questions or discuss keto with other members.
CAN I DO KETO IF I’M VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN?
Yes! Just make sure you do your research and you’re getting all the nutrients your body needs from plant-based sources, supplements and of course our delicious Keto products which are both plant-based.
Vegan keto would largely consist of fat from nuts, seeds, olives, avocado, coconut and their associated oils. Tofu and meat-substitutes and nutritional supplements would likely be necessary (e.g. vitamin D3, B12, B6, Iron, Zinc, etc.).
WHAT CAN TAKE YOU OUT OF KETOSIS?
You can fall out of ketosis if:
- You have over 50g carbs in a day*
- Large serving of carbs allowance in one sitting
- Large portion of high GI carbs e.g. dried fruit/confectionery
*The impactful amount of carbohydrate in our Keto Bar is 4.1g. We understand that some people count polyols in their carbohydrate total for the day. With regards to many polyols such as maltitol this makes sense, as there is a meaningful increase in blood glucose following maltitol ingestion. However we have used xylitol which has a negligible impact on blood glucose. Therefore we believe that it can be incorporated into even a strict Keto dieter’s plan.
WHY PULSIN KETO?
Our best selling high protein vegan keto snack bars are perfect for those following a low carb or keto diet as a snack, a protein hit before or after the gym, or for those who are vegan or following a vegetarian keto diet that need to top up their protein intake. They also hit the sweet spot, something that is often missed whilst on a controlled diet! These make a great keto chocolate alternative and come in 3 delicious flavours: Choc Fudge & Peanut, Orange Choc & Peanut and Mint Choc & Peanut. You can also buy a keto snack bars mixed bundle, exclusive to our website.