VEGAN ROCKY ROAD PROTEIN BARS
Vegan rocky road protein bars?! Yes please! These are super easy to make and make an indulgent treat with staying power!
These delicious homemade protein bars are made with Pulsin’s Natural Chocolate Flavoured Pea Protein, it’s fantastic in recipes, giving a natural vegan protein boost. It has 69% protein and is also the perfect on-the-go plant-based protein shake choice! It can easily be mixed with your choice of milk or water for a great tasting and easily digestible protein drink on the go, which is rich in zinc and iron. You can find a selection of recipes using Pulsin’s delicious Natural Chocolate Pea Protein Powder here.
- 120g smooth roast cashew butter
- 25g cacao or cocoa powder
- 60g Pulsin Chocolate Pea Protein
- 3 tbsp (60 ml) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (30ml) Flax Oil or olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) warm oat milk or water
- ¼ tsp Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
- 20g dark chocolate chunks or chips for kneading in
- 1 heaped tbsp vegan friendly mini marshmallow
- 20g dark chocolate chunks or chips, melted
Mix together cashew butter through to salt in a bowl. Add oat milk as necessary to create a smooth pliable dough; it shouldn’t be sticky!
Once you have a smooth dough knead in chocolate chips.
Press dough into a 9 inch loaf tin, or a standard 2lb loaf tin, and spread evenly using your finger tips to smooth over the surface. Place into the fridge overnight or for a few hours to set.
Slice into four or five bars.
Drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle over mini marshmallows.
Store in the fridge for up to one week or freezer for up to one month.