Vegan Protein Cinnamon Rolls
Vegan Protein Cinnamon RollsRecipe by Zena ScottCourse: DessertCuisine: British
These gorgeous, glazed protein cinnamon rolls are the ideal sweet treat to tuck into morning, noon… and dare we say it… night! In particular, they’re great for when you’re looking for an easy Christmas snack idea to make with your family or on a cosy Sunday afternoon if you fancy a scrumptiously indulgent protein delight! They’re one of our favourite feel good recipes for the winter months – well, we might be guilty of having a few favourites, but these vegan glazed cinnamon rolls are definitely one of the best!
We would highly recommend adding your own finishing touches and getting creative in the kitchen. They’re great for using up whatever you have lying around in your fridge or cupboard – they’re so versatile when it comes to toppings, it’s hard to disappoint! You can also make these delicious cinnamon rolls with your choice of gluten free flour, dairy free yoghurt or any of your favourite toppings! We love to add coconut yoghurt, dried nuts and fruit (in particular pistachios and cranberries), and honey or maple syrup to ours.
These cinnamon rolls use our Vanilla Faba Protein Powder, which contains a whopping 80% protein. Like all of our protein powders, our Faba Bean Protein (also called Fava Bean Protein) contains no artificial ingredients or palm oil and is gluten free too. For extra measure, it is also plant-based, making a great alternative to whey-based protein powders and is a great substitute for our Whey Protein Powder. This vegan protein powder is really easy to mix with water or your choice of milk and you can use it in all sorts of recipes and shakes too! Perfect for an extra hit of plant-based protein, but also to add a delicious vanilla taste! Leave your body feeling blessed with these natural ingredients.
If you fancy the added plant-based protein in these easy cinnamon rolls, but something a bit less sweet, try our Unflavoured Faba Bean Protein, or our Unflavoured Pea Protein. These can also be simply added to any meal for a protein boost.
Looking for keto cinnamon rolls? You can use Vanilla Keto Protein in this recipe too! Swap out any other ingredients to suit your keto diet needs! Our keto powder contains 62% fat and 28% protein.
Now for the best bit, the recipe! See everything you need to start making these delicious treats below.
80g Pulsin Vanilla Faba Bean Protein Powder
320g self-raising flour (can be gluten free)
520g coconut yogurt
100g brown sugar
4 tsp cinnamon
40g coconut butter
200g icing sugar
1tbsp coconut milk
2 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan assisted) and spray the baking pan with vegan baking oil (coconut is great).
- Add the flour and protein powder to a food processor (if don’t have a food processor, can mix everything by hand) and pulse. Then add the yogurt, if the dough is too dry, add a little water. Once it comes together, tip it on a clean, lightly floured surface and knead for about 1 minute.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into an oblong.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Melt the coconut oil, brush the dough with it and spread the cinnamon and sugar mixture covering all of the surface.
- Using the shorter edge, tightly roll the dough into a log, then cut it into 8 equal slices.
- Spread the slices in your greased baking pan in a circle, brush with the leftover coconut oil and make sure all the edges of the roll are tight so they don’t open while baking.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until golden crisp.
- Mix the powdered sugar with water to achieve desired consistency of the drizzle and once the rolls are out of the oven, let them cool for 10minutes, then generously cover them with the glaze.