THICK FLUFFY CHOCOLATE PROTEIN PANCAKES
Simple gluten free chocolate protein pancakes. Made with oat and buckwheat flour, cocoa powder and Pulsin Natural Chocolate Pea Protein which adds an instant light sweetness thanks to the inclusion of stevia.
These pancakes are my go to when I need a post workout chocolate fix. Topped with a quick chocolate sauce for some added indulgence!
- 40g buckwheat flour
- 10g Pulsin Natural Chocolate Pea Protein
- 10g cocoa powder
- 10g oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5g milled flaxseed or chia seed
- 160ml - 180ml almond or cashew milk
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 30ml maple syrup
- 30g cocoa powder
- 15g coconut oil, melted
- 60ml full fat coconut milk
For the pancakes
For the sauce
- Whisk together all batter ingredients. Start with 160 ml of almond or cashew milk and add more to create a thick but pour-able batter.
- Heat a non stick pan over a medium heat. Lightly grease with spray oil. Cook ¼ cup (60ml) measures of the batter to make 5 -6 pancakes. Allow to cook for 2 -3 minutes, flip and cook for 1 -2 minutes more.
- For the sauce, whisk together all ingredients in a small pot, bring the boil and simmer for 2 - 3 minutes. Add a little HOT water if it gets too thick.
- Store leftovers of sauce in the fridge for up to two days, reheat as needed in a pot or in short 20 second burst in the microwave.