SINGLE SERVE CACAO AND PEANUT BUTTER PROTEIN BAR
My go to single serve and vegan friendly protein bar recipe…only for when I run out of my much-loved protein boosters; a store cupboard snack staple!
This protein bar is fudgy, rich and SUPER easy to make. It’ll satisfy your sweet tooth whilst conjointly appeasing your appetite. Providing you with a nice balance of carbohydrate, protein and fat, it is an ideal snack whatever time of the day.
- 15g smooth peanut butter
- 20g Pulsin Natural Chocolate Pea Protein
- 10g no added sugar chocolate drops, melted
- 10ml maple syrup
- 5g skinless peanuts roughly chopped
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 tsp water, to reach desired consistency
- Pinch of flaked sea salt
- Mix together maple, peanut butter and vanilla in a bowl.
- Add in pea protein and mix well to combine.
- Add 3 tsp of water to form a pliable dough. You don’t want it to be sticky but soft and it should hold together well.
- Add a touch more water if necessary. If you’ve added too much add 1 tsp more protein powder at a time to dry the mixture out.
- Mold bar into a bar shape using your hands. Place on a piece of baking paper on a plate.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with peanuts and salt. Place in the fridge to firm up for half an hour.
- Can be made in advance and will keep in the fridge in a seal tight container for 3-4 days.
- If you’re planning on bringing out of the house with you on store in the freezer to give it a little more staying power at room temperature!