SAVOURY PROTEIN FLAPJACKS
Because sometimes you do want to start the day on a savoury note…or fill the afternoon void with something other than chocolate!
These protein flapjacks are mixed up in one bowl, are vegan friendly, gluten free and the mix ins can be altered to meet your desired tastes and preferences.
- 130g jumbo oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp milled flaxseed
- 2 tbsp (15g) Unflavoured Pea Protein
- 60g chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 50g toasted sunflower seeds
- 10 pitted olives chopped
- 1 stalk of rosemary roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Vegetable Bouillon
- ¼ tsp Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 100g dairy free almond or cashew yogurt
- 125ml oat milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F). Line a 9 inch loaf tin with baking paper and lightly grease with spray oil..
- Mix together all ingredients, apart from olives and rosemary, in a large bowl.
- Once well mixed, stir through olives and rosemary.
- Season to taste with pink salt and black pepper.
- Place thick mixture into the prepared tin and spread evenly using your hands or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 25 -30 minutes; until lightly golden. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before slicing or overnight.
- Store in a seal tight container in the fridge for up to three days.