Peanut Butter Protein Buckeye Balls
Peanut Butter Protein Buckeye BallsRecipe by Zena ScottCourse: SnacksCuisine: British
Fudgy, sweet peanut butter balls coated in chocolate with a protein boost. Dairy free, gluten free and so super simple to make.
As much as I love a date based energy ball, being able to make a quick treat without the help of a food processor or blender means there is a lot less washing up to do!
180g smooth peanut or almond butter
60g Pulsin Unflavoured Pea Protein
80ml maple syrup
15g coconut flour
80g dark chocolate roughly chopped
Almond milk or water if necessary!
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl or you can use a food processor. You are looking for a soft, pliable cookie dough consistency, it shouldn’t be wet and sticky. If it the mixture is a little dry add ½ tbsp of water or almond milk at a time until you have your desired consistency.
- Roll the mixture into small balls; I created 12 from this batch. Place into the fridge to firm up a little for a couple of hours.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave; 30 second increments, remove, stir, and return until fully melted.
- Insert a toothpick into a buckeye, one at a time, dunk into the chocolate, remove and carefully shake off excess before placing onto a baking paper lined tray or plate. Remove toothpick and repeat with remaining buckeyes.
- Once the chocolate is set smooth over the toothpick indent if desired using your finger tip. These can be kept at room temperature for up to four days in a seal tight container or freeze for up to one month. If you store them in the fridge remove 5 or so minutes before digging in for a softer bite.