Lemon Poppy Seed Fluffy Protein Pancakes
Lemon Poppy Seed Fluffy Protein PancakesRecipe by Zena Scott
Thick fluffy protein pancakes with oat flour laced with poppy seeds. These pancakes are fresh, satisfying to the last bite and a nice balance of a bundle of macronutrients, the only way to top them off is with some blueberries for those micros!
2 medium eggs
30ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
20g Pulsin Natural Vanilla Whey Protein
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp poppy seeds
100ml milk of choice
60g natural greek yogurt
120g oat flour, gluten free if necessary
2 heaped tsp lemon zest
½ tsp vanilla extract
- Place all ingredient in to a blender and blend until smooth or alternatively place into a jug and use a hand blender to blend until smooth.
- Set to one side for 10 minutes.
- Preheat a large pan over a medium heat. Grease lightly with spray oil.
- Cook 3 -4 pancakes at a time, using 2-3 tbsp of batter per pancake. Allow to cook for 2- 3 minutes; until they start to firm up around the edges and bubbles appear in the middle.
- Flip and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Stack and top with Greek yogurt, blueberries and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey!