Hazelnut Whip Protein Bar
Hazelnut Whip Protein BarRecipe by AdminCourse: SnacksCuisine: British
170g hazelnut butter and cocoa butter*
250ml hazelnut, almond or rice milk
70g chopped toasted or roasted unsalted hazelnuts
14g coconut oil
130g Natural Chocolate Pea Protein
60ml maple syrup
250g dark chocolate, roughly chopped, dairy free if necessary
- Blend together pea protein, hazelnut butter, maple syrup and milk of choice in your food processor.
- Line an 8 or 9 inch tray with baking paper. Press the dough into the tray and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the chopped hazelnuts on top and press them into the dough. Place into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove and slice into 10 bars. Place onto a plate lined with baking paper and return to the freezer until the chocolate is melted!
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a jug in the microwave; 30 seconds at a time stirring every time you remove it to prevent it from burning.
- One at a time dunk the bars in the chocolate. Ensure it is fully coated and carefully lift out of the chocolate using a spoon. Transfer across to a fork, gently tap off excess chocolate and return to the baking paper lined tray to firm up.
- Store in the fridge for up to two weeks or freeze for up to a month.
- prefer the texture when they have been allowed to sit at room temperature for 5 – 10 minutes; depending on the weather!