DELICIOUS PROTEIN PESTO SAUCE
A super simple high protein vegan friendly pesto sauce recipe that will make your bowl of pasta or veggies more complete in an instant! Jam packed with flavour, it’s beautifully rich, thick, creamy and lightly “cheesey” with ample hidden nutritional goodness.
- ½ cup (60g) green peas (if frozen thawed)
- 1 tbsp (15g) roast cashew butter
- 15g (2 tbsp) Pulsin Unflavoured Pea Protein
- Pink Himalayan Rock Salt to taste
- ¼ cup (60 ml) unsweetened almond milk*
- 10g (1 tbsp) nutritional yeast flakes
- Small handful fresh basil
- Blend all ingredients in a jug using a hand blender or place into a high speed blender or nutribullet and blend until smooth.
- Season to taste. (*Add more almond milk or water to the pesto to thin out to your own desired consistency.)
- Serve with raw or roast veggies or pour on top of a bowl of pasta or noodles.
- You can lightly heat the pesto or simple add to warm food and allow the cool sauce to mingle.