Chocolate Banana Protein Pancakes
Chocolate Banana Protein PancakesRecipe by Zena ScottCourse: BreakfastCuisine: british
20g (1 tbsp) Pulsin Whey Protein Isolate (or Concentrate)
120g (1 medium) ripe banana
30g (1/4 cup) gluten free oat flour or oats blended to a fine flour consistency
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp (10g) raw cacao powder
2 tbsp (30ml) unsweetened almond milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla powder
1/4 cup (60ml) egg whites or 1 large whole egg
1 tbsp Pulsin Whey Protein Isolate (or Concentrate)
3-5 drops liquid stevia
1/2 – 1 tbsp water
1 – 2 tbsp peanut butter
- Blend together all pancake ingredients in a jug with a hand blender or in a food processor or high speed blender. I prefer to use a jug with a hand blender as you don’t loose as much batter to your blending vessel.
- Spray a non stick pan with cooking spray or melt a little coconut oil in the pan to grease it.
- Pour batter into the pan, about 2 tbsp per pancake. Cook for 3 minutes over a medium heat before flipping and cooking for 2 minutes more. Repeat until all the batter is gone.
- Mix together whey protein powder with stevia and water until smooth.
- Stack pancakes, top with protein icing, peanut butter and slices of banana!