Carrot Cake Coconut Baked Protein Oats
Carrot Cake Coconut Baked Protein OatsRecipe by Zena ScottCourse: BreakfastCuisine: British
Two jumbo carrot cake baked oats… easily made vegan friendly or you can incorporate an egg if you want a little more rise. Basically like a jumbo nutritionally rich breakfast muffin made with oats, pea protein, oat milk and a few other little mix ins!
80g jumbo oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp toasted desiccated coconut
1 medium carrot finely grated
1 large egg or 60g dairy free yogurt of choice
20g Unflavoured Pulsin Pea Protein
1 level tbsp of milled flaxseed
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp maple syrup
270ml oat milk
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Mix together oats, protein, coconut, flaxseed, cinnamon and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Whisk together egg or yogurt with maple syrup and oat milk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Once combined stir in grated carrot.
- Set to one side for 5 minutes to thicken up.
- Grease two deep ramekins with spray oil. Divide oat mixture between the two ramekins (there should be at least 1 inch of room above the mixture to allow it to rise!).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes; until golden and set. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving or prep in advance and allow to set in the fridge overnight. They can be served cold or reheated.
- Top with dairy free yogurt or yogurt of choice, some pecans and coconut if desired, as well as little more maple syrup if you fancy a touch more sweetness.