Broccoli FrittersRecipe by Zena ScottCourse: LunchCuisine: Breakfast
Broccoli can sometimes be relegated to being the bit player in your dinner, always on the sidelines. Well no more!
Light, spongy and crispy round the edges, these fritters are like a savoury pancake come broccoli bun. So whether you have some leftover broccoli you want to utilise or want to make broccoli the star attraction of your meal, get started!
FOR THE FRITTERS
2 cups of broccoli rice (approx. 400g)
2 large organic eggs, whisked
2 tbsp (15g) coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup (30g) Pulsin Whey Protein Isolate
1 spring onion finely chopped
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp lemon zest
Pinch of cayenne pepper
2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional but highly recommended)
1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
2 tbsp (28g) ghee or coconut oil for cooking
FOR THE TAHINI SAUCE
2 tbsp (32g) tahini
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 – 2 tbsp of water to thin out
Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl and place in the fridge for one hour. Remove and mold into 6 patties.
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F). Melt ghee or coconut oil in frying pan over a medium heat. Cook fritters for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Place in the oven for 2 minutes to cook through; depending on how thick they are. This will also just make them a bit more sturdy!
- Meanwhile, whisk together tahini sauce ingredients; season to taste.
- Serve with a side of tahini dressing or with a dollop on top along with finely chopped herbs of choice. A poached egg on top of a tower of these would be a wonderful brunch option!