Banana Protein Mug Cake
Banana Protein Mug CakeRecipe by Zena ScottCourse: SnacksCuisine: British
A springy fluffy banana protein mug cake that can easily be made vegan friendly.
This little mug cake is perfect post workout or as a bedtime snack. The perfect dose of carbohydrates and protein to make tryptophan, one of the essential amino acids, more available to the brain that may help you to more readily fall asleep!
1/2 a medium super ripe banana (approx. 75g)
15g (2 tbsp) Pulsin Unflavoured Rice Protein
15g (2 tbsp) gluten free oat flour
1/4 cup (60ml) unsweetened almond milk
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla powder or pure vanilla extract
1.2 tbsp smooth cashew butter
5 drops liquid stevia or 1 tsp powdered stevia erylite
- Mash banana until almost smooth. Mix with almond milk. If you’re finding it hard to create a smooth mix just blend with a hand blender in a jug. Add the rest of ingredients to the wet mixture.
- Lightly grease a mug or deep cup or ramekin with about 1/4 of a tsp of coconut oil.
- Pour the batter into the mug and cook in the microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds. If it starts rising up over the mug just stop the microwave for a second and restart…keep a close eye on it! You’ll know to use a deeper dish the next time.
- Mix together cashew butter and stevia for the dairy-free option in a small ramekin until perfectly smooth.
- Tip the mug cake out onto a plate and top with icing. Alternative you can pour the icing in on top of the cake and eat out of the dish. BE CAREFUL not to burn your mouth!