PROTEIN BLUEBERRY BREAKFAST OAT BARS
Like a cross between thick baked oats and a flapjack. Soft and tender in the middle with beautiful pops of oozing blueberry, lightly sweet, crispy round the edges and on top and truly satisfying to the core.
These are a great make ahead grab and go breakfast option which you can pair with some yogurt of choice and a mug of your favourite morning tipple!
- 250g jumbo oats
- 30g Pulsin Unflavoured Rice Protein Powder
- 2 tbsp (15g) milled flaxseed
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 100 frozen blueberries
- 180g plain or vanilla cashew or almond dairy free yogurt
- 200ml unsweetened non dairy milk of choice (I used rice milk)
- 80ml maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Line a 9 x 5 inch baking tray with baking paper and lightly grease with spray oil.
- Mix together all ingredients with the exception of the blueberries in a large bowl. Set aside to thicken a little for 5 minutes.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Place mixture into prepared baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool for 15 minutes before slicing or cool and store in the fridge overnight before slicing for a more solid slice!
- Store in the fridge in a seal tight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to one month.