DELICIOUSLY SCRUMPTIOUS PEANUT BUTTER PROTEIN BUCKEYE BALLS
Fudgy, sweet peanut butter balls coated in chocolate with a protein boost. Dairy free, gluten free and so super simple to make.
As much as I love a date based energy ball, being able to make a quick treat without the help of a food processor or blender means there is a lot less washing up to do!
- 180g smooth peanut or almond butter
- 60g Pulsin Unflavoured Pea Protein
- 80ml maple syrup
- 15g coconut flour
- 80g dark chocolate roughly chopped
- Almond milk or water if necessary!
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl or you can use a food processor. You are looking for a soft, pliable cookie dough consistency, it shouldn’t be wet and sticky. If it the mixture is a little dry add ½ tbsp of water or almond milk at a time until you have your desired consistency.
- Roll the mixture into small balls; I created 12 from this batch. Place into the fridge to firm up a little for a couple of hours.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave; 30 second increments, remove, stir, and return until fully melted.
- Insert a toothpick into a buckeye, one at a time, dunk into the chocolate, remove and carefully shake off excess before placing onto a baking paper lined tray or plate. Remove toothpick and repeat with remaining buckeyes.
- Once the chocolate is set smooth over the toothpick indent if desired using your finger tip. These can be kept at room temperature for up to four days in a seal tight container or freeze for up to one month. If you store them in the fridge remove 5 or so minutes before digging in for a softer bite.