MATCHA PROTEIN BARS
As much as I love my Pulsin Protein Bars, making my own homemade versions is one of my favourite past times! I love coming up with quirky combinations, experimenting with flavours and textures.
I’m obsessed with all things Matcha at the minute so these protein bars are next level for me. Beautifully bright, coated in chocolate, a little chewy yet melt in the mouth at the same time, and super duper satisfying.
- 160g Pulsin Unflavoured Pea Protein
- 80g smooth cashew butter
- 10 - 15g matcha powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 110g maple syrup
- 30g coconut flour
- 250ml water
- 180g sugar-free chocolate drops
- 1 tbsp (14g) coconut oil
- Chopped pistachios (optional)
For the bars
For the topping
- Blend together all bar ingredients in a food processor.
- Place into an 8 inch square tine that has been lined with baking paper. Allow to set in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Slice into 12 - 16 squares.
- Melt chocolate with coconut oil in a large 2 litre jug with a wide base in the microwave.
- One at a time place the bars into the melted chocolate.
- Coat and then remove with a large spoon. Transfer to a fork, tap off excess chocolate and return to a plate or tray lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds and some chopped roast pistachios or whatever your heart desires.
- Store in the fridge for up to two weeks or at room temperature for one week in a seal tight container. You can also freeze them for up to one month.