SAVOURY PROTEIN FLAPJACKS
Straight from the Pulsin kitchen, this delicious keto chocolate mousse recipe can be whipped up ahead of time. Pop it in the fridge and enjoy whenever you have a bit of a sweet tooth, it also contains our Vanilla Keto Protein Powder for an added ketogenic boost! It has the added benefit of being plant based and gluten free making it suitable for a wide variety of diets.
Our delicious Vanilla Keto Powder is made with all-natural flavourings and is the perfect protein shake for those following a low-carb or keto diet. It’s designed to fuel your active ketogenic lifestyle with MCT fats from coconut, plant based protein powders and vitamins. MCT can be rapidly digested and converted into ketones for energy metabolism. Our nutritionalists have carefully formulated this product to contain 62% fat, 28% protein and only 4% carbs (as a percentage of calories).
What is a Keto Diet?
The Keto diet has become increasingly popular in recent years as more people try out the low carb high fat diet. The diet consists of consuming less than 50g of carbohydrate per day and around 70% of your daily macronutrients coming from fat. If followed, your body will stop using glucose as its main energy source and start producing ketone bodies instead, therefore a ketogenic diet is literally a ketone-producing diet. People may decide to go on the keto diet for several reasons, including weight loss, health issues or lifestyle.
Looking for a keto on-the-go option? Check out our delicious range of Keto Bars!
- 35g Pulsin Vanilla Keto Protein Powder
- 75g aquafaba (drained liquid from chickpeas)
- 70g water
- 45g dark chocolate (melted)
- 35g coconut cream
- Whip the aquafaba until it forms stiff peaks. This can take a while so be patient!
- In a blender or food processor, mix the water and keto powder together.
- Then add the coconut cream and blend until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate to this and blend again.
- Add the contents from the blender to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the whipped aquafaba to this and fold together slowly. Use a rubber spatula for this.
- Eventually a chocolate mousse will form. Separate this into 4 small dishes or ramekins and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Top with your favourite toppings we love berries and desiccated coconut