HAZELNUT WHIP PROTEIN BAR
Chocolate and hazelnut is a match made in heaven, and why not give an amazing combination a little protein boost. Not only will it ensure it keeps you fuller for longer, but a lot of people tend to struggle with ensuring they have an adequate and regular intake of protein throughout the day. These bars are made using the Pulsin Natural Chocolate Pea Protein, making them vegan friendly!
*To keep these vegan use plain hazelnut butter. Add 40g cocoa powder and an additional 30ml of non dairy milk.
- 170g hazelnut butter and cocoa butter*
- 250ml hazelnut, almond or rice milk
- 70g chopped toasted or roasted unsalted hazelnuts
- 14g coconut oil
- 130g Natural Chocolate Pea Protein
- 60ml maple syrup
- 250g dark chocolate, roughly chopped, dairy free if necessary
- Blend together pea protein, hazelnut butter, maple syrup and milk of choice in your food processor.
- Line an 8 or 9 inch tray with baking paper. Press the dough into the tray and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the chopped hazelnuts on top and press them into the dough.
- Place into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove and slice into 10 bars. Place onto a plate lined with baking paper and return to the freezer until the chocolate is melted!
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a jug in the microwave; 30 seconds at a time stirring every time you remove it to prevent it from burning.
- One at a time dunk the bars in the chocolate. Ensure it is fully coated and carefully lift out of the chocolate using a spoon. Transfer across to a fork, gently tap off excess chocolate and return to the baking paper lined tray to firm up.
- Store in the fridge for up to two weeks or freeze for up to a month.
- I prefer the texture when they have been allowed to sit at room temperature for 5 - 10 minutes; depending on the weather!