Gingerbread Protein Balls
Filled with all the wonderful flavours of gingerbread, these little gingerbread protein balls are a beautiful way to switch up your snack options this time of year. With some blackstrap molasses in the mix they have the authentic gingerbread flavour and a slight sticky texture. They get a boost of protein and sweetness from Pulsin Vanilla Whey Protein!
Love the sound of these gingerbread protein balls? Check out more festive recipes here.
Pulsin’s Vanilla Flavoured Whey Protein is one of the protein powders in their range that is easiest to use. Simply add it to your chosen milk or water, shake it up and drink! It packs a hefty 87% protein and is a great source of calcium, vital for muscles and bones.
It is: Vegetarian, Non GM and made using hormone-free milk from UK grass-fed cows. It also contains no added fillers or added sugar.
The Natural Vanilla Flavoured Whey Protein is a complete protein, providing all the essential amino acids that the body can’t make itself.
How Do I Use It?
Simply add 25g to a shaker together with 200ml of your choice of milk or water and shake for a great tasting protein drink on the go. You can also try adding to your favourite smoothies, porridge, cereal or recipes for an extra protein boost. Each 25g serving contains 22g of protein. Take one to three servings per day.
Pulsin’s goal is to create tasty nutritionally balanced products to suit everyone’s needs; be that for health, dietary intolerance or lifestyle, to help each person be their best self.
Since launching Pulsin in 2007, co-founders Simon Ashburner, Nick Bildner and Ben Lewis, have shared the view that people, of all ages should be able to eat healthy foods without compromising taste.
Their products are all gluten-free, vegan or vegetarian, non-GM and made using the finest natural and nutritious ingredients they can get their hands on. Made using renewable energy at their Gloucestershire HQ and following a 0% to landfill policy, they’re strictly no nasties and no nonsense!
- 200g pitted Medjool dates
- 100g oats, gluten free if necessary
- 80g pecans, toasted/roasted if desired
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 30g Pulsin Vanilla Whey Protein
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Blend together all ingredients in your food processor to form a thick dough that is soft and holds together when you press it between your fingers. You can add a touch of water if necessary to make the dough a little softer. The result will vary depending on how soft your dates are!
- Roll the mixture into 15 - 16 balls. Store in the fridge for up to one week in a seal tight container.
- You could also coat these in chocolate for more of a truffle vibe!