DAIRY FREE PROTEIN MAC AND CHEESE
Thick and creamy dairy free protein enriched “cheese sauce” to smother your favourite pasta with. My favourite is a brown rice gluten free macaroni for that authentic mac and cheese experience!
This is a high protein, nutrient dense sauce that will add a feisty, flavourful and nourishing punch to veggies or pasta or whatever your heart desires. Low in fat, with a moderate amount of carbs, as well as being rich in protein, it would be the perfect addition to a post workout savoury meal option.
Equally delightful any time of the day to leave you feel satiated for longer than a bowl of pasta or veggies on their own would facilitate.
- ¾ cup (180ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp (15g) nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp (20g) Pulsin Unflavoured Pea Protein
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Pink Himalayan Rock Salt to taste
- Blend together all ingredients in a jug. Place in a pot and heat through for a few minutes. Add more unsweetened almond milk to thin out if necessary.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge for up two days or just devour the whole lot over a bowl of your favourite pasta, veggies or use a high protein flavourful dip!