WHIPPED BANANA COCONUT PROTEIN MOUSSE
This week’s recipe is a must for gym goers – a super light and fluffy banana protein mousse, which is a great alternative to the post workout smoothie!
Once made it will keep for a couple of days in the fridge, meaning you can make a batch for a whole week of workouts. Peachy Palate uses our Whey Protein Isolate, but you could also use our Whey Protein Concentrate!
- 2 tbsp (14g) banana powder (1 small ripe banana if can't find powder)
- 2 tbsp (30g) roasted cashew butter
- 1 tub (125g; 4.5oz) natural coyo yogurt
- 125ml (1/2 cup) unsweetened almond milk (reduce to 60ml if using fresh banana)
- 1 tbsp (20g) raw honey or 2 tbsp stevia erylite
- 2 large organic egg whites
- 1 tbsp (7g) agar flakes
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla powder or fresh vanilla seeds
- 2 scoops Pulsin Whey Protein Isolate
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- Cacao nibs, toasted coconut flakes and chopped pecans to serve
Whisk egg whites until you have soft white peaks; I always use an electric whisk.
Mix agar flakes with room temperature or cold water and set aside for a couple of minutes. Place agar flakes mixture in to the microwave for 10-15 seconds. It should be fully dissolved.
Blend together all other ingredients in a high speed blender.
Add agar flakes mixture to the blender and blend for a few seconds to combine. Remove from the blender and fold in egg whites until just combined.
Gently scoop in to two – three serving glasses or dishes. Place in to the fridge to set overnight or for at least 4 hours.
Top with slices of banana, toasted coconut flakes, chopped pecans and cacao nibs to serve!