VEGGIE PACKED QUINOA NUGGETS
Protein loaded veggie nuggets! The pea protein plays double duty here giving them a nice protein boost as well as binding all the goodies together!
Delicious warm or cold, they make a delightful, nourishing, little lunchbox filler!
- 150g cooked tricolour quinoa (or 40g uncooked weight)
- 30g finely grated courgette
- 1 tbsp (5g) nutritional yeast
- 20g Pulsin Unflavoured Pea Protein
- 30g finely grated carrot
- 1 tsp mustard of choice
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp coriander
- ¼ tsp Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
- 2 tsp coconut oil, for cooking
- Squeeze excess liquid from carrot and zucchini.... set to one side as you will need it.
- Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl, add liquid from veg to the bowl... there should be about 3 tbsp worth. Bring together and form little nuggets with your hands.
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Melt coconut oil in pan over a medium heat.
- Fry nuggets for 3 mins and then place the pan in the oven for 12 more mins...until golden and crisp.
- Serve with ketchup, mashed avocado or mayo depending on your preference or have them served over a jumbo salad.