Vegan Protein Gingerbread House
Vegan Protein Gingerbread HouseRecipe by Zena ScottCourse: DessertCuisine: British
250g vegan butter
300g soft brown sugar (recommend dark muscovado for colour but you can use coconut sugar)
250g plain flour – use GF if required
250g oat flour
60g Pulsin Unflavoured Pea Protein
1 1/2 tsp ginger
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
500g icing sugar
2 tsp vanilla
20g Pulsin Immunity Supershake
20g Pulsin Vitality Supershake
Dried fruits, nuts or other decorations – we added cranberries and chopped hazelnuts but you can add whatever you like!
Enrobed brownies and protein bars – these work well cut up as stepping stones and pebbles
Holly, fairy lights, gold ribbons – any christmassy decorations!
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan assisted)
- Melt vegan butter. Mix dry ingredients, add in melted butter and mix into dough. If needed add a some cold water to help It stick (1-2 tbsp)
- Take small amounts of dough and roll these out to the correct sizes for the template. Roll out to approx. 5mm thickness and cut around the templates– any spare can be gingerbread men or star… Bake for 10-12 mins, remove from oven and cool for at least an hour.
- For the icing, whip the aquafaba with a balloon whisk or hand whisk until stiff peaks. Add the vanilla. Add in the icing sugar in small batches until fully combined and a glossy and thick icing has been made. Split this into 3 bowls- one larger white version, two smaller versions to add protein to these two. For the two smaller bowls, add in 20g of each protein powder and fold in until combined. These will create the coloured icings to decorate- Or you could just use white icing to decorate. Add each icing to a separate piping bag, white is best with a round nozzle but the other colours can be any shape.
- To form the house, stick one side and front piece together and hold in place. Add on the opposite side and back piece and use these to hold the house together. You may need to hold these in place using tins or jars. This will need to set for at least 1 hr.
- When the base is set, stick the sides of the roof in place and again, hold this in place with tins or jars, this may be more tricky to set in place so be careful! Again, allow to set for 1hr before finishing any decoration.
- Once the structure is set, it’s time to decorate! Using the coloured icing, pipe patterns onto the house however you want! Use any extra icing to decorate space biscuits.