VEGAN CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE PROTEIN BARS
I am guilty of calling my most recent recipes my new favourite…and it’s most definitely true of these chocolate truffle protein bars!!!
Pretty darn easy to make and the end result looks far from it. Just take your time coating them if you want them to look super pretty and professional… I’m a bit of perfectionist when it comes to whipping up a sweet treat, protein boosted or not.
- 160g Pulsin Natural Chocolate Pea Protein
- 80g peanut butter
- 30g raw cacao powder
- 80g maple syrup
- 30g coconut flour
- 250ml water
- 180g chocolate drops
- 1/2 tbsp (7g) coconut oil
For the bars
For the coating
- Blend together all the bar ingredients in a food processor.
- Place into a 9 inch loaf tin that has been lined with baking paper. Allow to set in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Slice into 8 or 16 bars.... I made 8 and coated them before slicing half when I realised how jumbo they were so I’d recommend creating 16
- Melt chocolate with coconut oil in a large 2 litre jug with a wide base in the microwave. Heat for 30 seconds, stir, heat for 30 seconds more; it should take 90 - 120 seconds total.
- One at a time place the bars into the melted chocolate.
- Coat and then remove with a large spoon. Transfer to a fork, tap off excess chocolate and return to a plate or tray lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle with freeze dried raspberries and some puffed amaranth, or whatever your heart desires.
- Store in the fridge for up to two weeks or at room temperature for one week in a seal tight container. You can also freeze them for up to one month.