Prep - 5 Minutes
Cook - 35 Minutes
TOFU TACOS WITH PROTEIN MOLE SAUCE
Simple tofu tacos with a protein boosted chocolate mole sauce! The perfect way to switch things up a bit. Leftover sauce would be great to jazz up a veggie, bean filled burrito bowl or enchilada!
- 120g tofu per serving
- 60g buckwheat flour
- 160ml water
- 7g milled flaxseed
- 1/4 tsp Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
- 1/2 tsp bouillon
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1 heaped tbsp (20g) almond butter
- 125ml boiling water
- 10g Pulsin Natural Chocolate Pea Protein
- 7g cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp of each....cumin, chilli powder and coriander
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tsp maple syrup
For the tacos
For the mole sauce
- For the tofu - Slice and dice, and bake on a baking paper lined tray. Spray generously with spray oil. Oven should be preheated to 200C (400F). Bake for 25 to 30 mins...until golden and crispy.
- For the tacos - Whisk all the ingredients until smooth. Pour 60ml (1/4 cup) into a non stick preheated hot pan. Swirl batter a little to form a small taco size wrap and cook for 2 to 3 mins until the edges lift. Flip and cook for 1 min more.
- For the mole sauce - Blend everything together. Place into a small pot. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 mins. Add more water if too thick. Season to taste with Pink Himalayan Rock Salt.
- Serve tacos with shredded red cabbage, thinly sliced radish, baked tofu, mole sauce and yogurt on the side.