SPAGHETTI SQUASH PROTEIN FRITTERS
Crispy on the outside, soft in the middle, the perfect fritter made with my favourite of the squash family, spaghetti!
The perfect side, appetiser, breakfast base, or anytime of the day protein packed nibble!
- 1/4 cup (60ml) egg whites or 1 large whole egg
- 20g (2 tbsp) Pulsin Unflavoured Pea Protein
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan rock salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 heaping cup (6 oz / 170g) cooked spaghetti squash
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil melted
- To serve - tomatoes, fried egg, greens
Mix together all fritter ingredients.
Melt coconut oil in a non stick pan over a medium to high heat.
Use your hands to create mounds of the squash mixture, about 1 tbsp per fritter. Use your hands to form a nice round shape, placing each one into the pan as you do so and flattening them out a little with your fingertips.
Fry for 2 minutes before flipping and frying for 2 minutes more.
Serve with greens, tomato and a fried egg or two for a great alternative breakfast!