Prep - 5 Minutes
Cook - 10 Minutes
PROTEIN QUINOA FRITTER
Leftover quinoa in need of an alternative use? This quinoa fritter comes together in minutes and is the perfect base for a crispy bottomed fried egg be it for breakfast, brunch or brinner!
- 130g cooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp (10g) Pulsin Unflavoured Pea Protein
- 2 tbsp (20g) buckwheat flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
- 1 medium egg whisked
- ½ tbsp olive oil for cooking
- To serve - Fried egg, Roasted Red Peppers, Fresh Coriander or herb of choice & Black Pepper
- Mix together quinoa through to the whisked egg in a large bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat a pan over a medium heat. Add olive oil.
- Place quinoa fritter batter into the pan and shape into a nice round shape using the sides of a spoon.
- Cook for 4 - 5 minutes or until it looks set around the edges. Carefully flip using a large spatula and cook for 4-5 minutes more.
- Serve topped with a fried egg, roasted red peppers, fresh coriander and some black pepper if desired.