Protein Pumpkin Pancakes
- 80g pumpkin puree
- ½ tbsp (7g) clarified butter (ghee) or butter, melted
- 10g Pulsin Vanilla Whey Protein
- 60g Cassava Flour; not to be confused with tapioca flour/starch
- ¼ tsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 80ml almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 large whole egg
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ tsp ginger
Whisk together all batter ingredients. Set to one side for 10 minutes to settle and thicken.
Heat a non stick pan and grease with spray oil.
Add 3 tbsp of batter to the pan for each pancake. I cooked two and then three together.
Allow to cook for 2 minutes, cover the pan with foil and allow to cook for one minute more. This is key for easy flipping!
Flip and cook for 1 - 2 minutes.
Serve stacked topped with Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt, toasted pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey!