PROTEIN INFUSED HOT CHOCOLATE
- 375ml (1.5 cups) full fat coconut milk
- 1 heaped tsp maca powder (optional but gives a lightly malted flavour!)
- 2 Medjool dates or 1 tbsp date paste (homemade not date syrup)
- 1/4 cup (30g) Pulsin Whey Protein Isolate
- 60g (1/4 cup) 100% raw cacao paste or 90% dark chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or seeds from 1 vanilla pod or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp (30g) all natural hazelnut butter
- Grated chocolate or raw cacao paste and chopped hazelnuts to garnish
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
Gently heat coconut milk in a pot over a medium to low heat.
Once hot, add chocolate to the pot along with all other ingredients, gently whisking to melt the chocolate.
Leave to simmer over a low heat for few minutes If using whole Medjool dates once softened blend hot chocolate off the heat using a stick blender until smooth.
Pour in to mugs or heat safe glasses, place coconut cream on top, it will sink a little!
Garnish with hazelnuts and grated or roughly chopped chocolate and serve immediately…spoon on the side.