Protein Infused Hot Chocolate
Protein Infused Hot ChocolateRecipe by Zena Scott
This recipe is a chocolate lovers dream!
A creamy rich and smooth hot chocolate, with coconut milk, coconut cream, and sweetened with dates … mmmmm! Plus it has added whey protein, so if you are looking for a treat after your workout this might be the decadent drink for you.
375ml (1.5 cups) full fat coconut milk
1 heaped tsp maca powder (optional but gives a lightly malted flavour!)
2 Medjool dates or 1 tbsp date paste (homemade not date syrup)
1/4 cup (30g) Pulsin Whey Protein Isolate
60g (1/4 cup) 100% raw cacao paste or 90% dark chocolate
1 tsp vanilla powder or seeds from 1 vanilla pod or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tbsp (30g) all natural hazelnut butter
Grated chocolate or raw cacao paste and chopped hazelnuts to garnish
2 tbsp coconut cream
- Gently heat coconut milk in a pot over a medium to low heat.
- Once hot, add chocolate to the pot along with all other ingredients, gently whisking to melt the chocolate.
- Leave to simmer over a low heat for few minutes If using whole Medjool dates once softened blend hot chocolate off the heat using a stick blender until smooth.
- Pour in to mugs or heat safe glasses, place coconut cream on top, it will sink a little!
- Garnish with hazelnuts and grated or roughly chopped chocolate and serve immediately…spoon on the side.