PROTEIN ENGLISH MUFFIN
Doughy gluten, dairy and egg free instant English muffins with a protein boost!
These English muffins were a delightful little experimental success and they’re now a dietary staple! The wonders of pea protein will never cease. It’s just so incredibly versatile and relatively forgiving.
- 10g buckwheat flour
- 5g arrowroot flour/starch (same thing!)
- 10g rice flour, white or brown
- 15g Pulsin Unflavoured Pea Protein
- 1 tsp (5g) ground flaxseeds or ground chia seeds
- 60ml (¼ cup) water
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
- Dash of Cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ tsp gluten free baking powder
- Spray cooking oil or coconut oil for preparing ramekin
- Nut butter
- Sliced banana
Mix together all ingredients in a small bowl.
Lightly grease a deep microwave safe ramekin with some spray cooking oil or melted coconut oil; you should need no more than ¼ tsp!
Place dough into the ramekin, lightly press and spread using your fingertips so that it’s smooth on top and even.
Cook on high in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds.
Leave in the ramekin for 30 seconds. Remove and once cool enough to touch slice in half and toast in a toaster oven or under a preheated grill.
Serve topped with toppings of choice!