Protein English Muffin
Protein English MuffinRecipe by Zena ScottCourse: BreakfastCuisine: British
10g buckwheat flour
5g arrowroot flour/starch (same thing!)
10g rice flour, white or brown
15g Pulsin Unflavoured Pea Protein
1 tsp (5g) ground flaxseeds or ground chia seeds
60ml (¼ cup) water
Pinch of Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
Dash of Cinnamon (optional)
¼ tsp gluten free baking powder
Spray cooking oil or coconut oil for preparing ramekin
- Mix together all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Lightly grease a deep microwave safe ramekin with some spray cooking oil or melted coconut oil; you should need no more than ¼ tsp!
- Place dough into the ramekin, lightly press and spread using your fingertips so that it’s smooth on top and even.
- Cook on high in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Leave in the ramekin for 30 seconds. Remove and once cool enough to touch slice in half and toast in a toaster oven or under a preheated grill.
- Serve topped with toppings of choice!