Pea Protein Quinoa Cakes
Pea Protein Quinoa CakesRecipe by Zena ScottCourse: MainCuisine: British
Vegan friendly, high protein, SUPER delicious quinoa cakes. Ideal for making use of leftover quinoa or quinoa cooked with every great intention of whipping up a batch of these! These can be served warm, chilled or simply reheated or toasted under a preheated grill.
1/2 cup (100g) cooked quinoa (approx. 30g uncooked)
2 tbsp finely grated courgette, approx. 30g
½ tsp dried herb of choice (I used basil)
1 tsp lemon juice
¼ tsp Black Pepper (to your own taste)
1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water
20g Pulsin Unflavoured Pea Protein
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
1 tsp coconut oil for cooking
- Mix together flax and water in a bowl and set to one side for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze grated courgette (zucchini) to remove excess water.
- Once your flax mixture is an eggy consistency combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan over a medium heat. Mold quinoa mixture into three balls and press between the palms of your hands to create patties. Shape the edges using your hands before placing into the pan. Cook for 3 minutes, flip and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Served just as they are these are a high protein, super satisfying, speedy delicious little alternative meal in minutes! Will keep in the fridge for up to two days if the quinoa being used hasn’t been cooked more than one day in advance.