Oat Flour Protein Pancakes
Oat Flour Protein PancakesRecipe by Zena Scott
Thick fluffy oat flour rice protein pancakes! These pancakes are one of my favourites, so easy to make, they pack a mighty nutritional punch and are so incredibly satisfying. The whey protein chocolate frosting is totally optional but HIGHLY recommended.
50g (1/2 cup) gluten-free oat flour
2 tbsp (14g) Pulsin Unflavoured Rice Protein
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup (60ml) unsweetened almond milk
1 large whole egg or 1/4 cup (60ml) egg whites
Pinch or two of cinnamon
Pinch vanilla powder or 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tbsp Stevia Erylite or 1-2 tsp honey/maple syrup or 5-10 drops liquid stevia
1 tbsp (10g) Pulsin Whey Protein Concentrate
1 tsp (5g) raw cacao powder
1/2 tbsp water
1 tsp Stevia Erylite or 1 tsp honey/maple syrup or 5 drops liquid stevia
- Blend together all pancake ingredients using a hand blender.
- Spray a non-stick pan with some melted coconut oil.
- Place approx. 3 tbsp of the thick batter into the pan to create one pancake. I cook them two at a time. Leave to cook for 3 minutes over a low to medium heat. Carefully flip and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Repeat with remainder of the batter (it usually makes 4 small but thick pancakes!).
- Mix together frosting ingredients in a small bowl with a teaspoon. It’s easier to do this in a small ramekin to achieve a thick smooth consistency.
- Serve pancakes topped with protein frosting and fruit of choice…bananas were the order of the day on this occasion!