Prep - 5 Minutes
Cook - 10 Minutes
PERFECT GRAIN FREE PROTEIN CREPES
These beautifully soft and grain free crepes are perfect as a savoury dish but you can always tweak the recipe slightly to use them as a delicious and filling dessert.
- 2 tbsp (1/2 scoop/15g) Pulsin Whey Protein Isolate
- 2 tbsp (15g) coconut flour
- 2 large organic eggs or 4 egg whites
- 1 tbsp (7g) ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125ml) unsweetened almond milk or non dairy milk of choice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil for cooking – use a small amount per crepe
- Blend together all ingredients for the crepes until smooth using a hand blender.
- Melt a small amount of coconut oil in large non stick pan.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter in to the pan and gently swirl until about 7-8 inches in diameter. Cook for 2-3 minutes, gently.
- Release from the pan using a spatula, and flip. Cook for just 30 seconds to a minute more.
- Add more oil to the pan and cook the next crepe..until all batter is gone.
- Serve crepes with sauteed mushrooms and kale, fried egg on the side and spoonful of kale pesto…
- You could also make these sweet, add a little stevia or maple syrup to the batter and serve with berries or banana, coconut cream or Coyo.