PERFECT GRAIN FREE PROTEIN CREPES
These beautifully soft and grain free crepes are perfect as a savoury dish but you can always tweak the recipe slightly to use them as a delicious and filling dessert.
- 2 tbsp (1/2 scoop/15g) Pulsin Whey Protein Isolate
- 2 tbsp (15g) coconut flour
- 2 large organic eggs or 4 egg whites
- 1 tbsp (7g) ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125ml) unsweetened almond milk or non dairy milk of choice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil for cooking – use a small amount per crepe
Blend together all ingredients for the crepes until smooth using a hand blender.
Melt a small amount of coconut oil in large non stick pan. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter in to the pan and gently swirl until about 7-8 inches in diameter. Cook for 2-3 minutes, gently. Release from the pan using a spatula, and flip. Cook for just 30 seconds to a minute more. Add more oil to the pan and cook the next crepe until all the batter is gone.
Serve crepes with sautéed mushrooms and kale, fried egg on the side and spoonful of kale pesto…
You could also make these sweet, add a little stevia or maple syrup to the batter and serve with berries or banana, coconut cream or Coyo.