DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE BAKED OATS
- 50g oats
- 10g millet, quinoa or buckwheat flakes
- 135ml unsweetened almond milk
- 30g banana puree
- 15g cacao powder
- 5g whole or milled chia seeds
- 5 to 10 ml organic maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1&1/4 tsp baking powder
- 10g Natural Chocolate Flavour Pea Protein mixed with 30ml extra almond milk to make an icing
Preheat oven to 180C (350F). Blend together cacao powder, almond milk, banana puree, maple syrup and vanilla.
If using protein blend into this mixture and add an additional 30 ml of almond milk.
Pour over oats, chia seeds, additional flakes of choice and baking powder. You can also just use 70g oats.
Spray your oven safe dish. Place oats into your dish. You want them at least an inch deep.
Bake for 20 - 25 mins. I cover mine after 15 mins with foil to prevent them burning; my oven is a little temperamental.
Allow to cool before popping out of the dish. You can eat warm, chilled or reheat if desired.