Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein BarsRecipe by Zena ScottCourse: SnacksCuisine: British
Fudgy chocolate peanut buttery protein bars….topped with a little dark chocolate and some caramelised maple syrup peanuts, the added indulgence you can of course forgo but I’d definitely opt in on both fronts!
80g Pulsin Natural Chocolate Pea Protein
25g cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
180ml warm water
100g oats ground to a fine flour or buy oat flour
60ml maple syrup
80g peanut butter
60g salted peanuts + 30ml maple syrup
80g dark chocolate melted, for topping
- Preheat oven to 160C (300F). Mix together peanuts and maple syrup. Place them onto a baking paper lined tray and roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and set to one side to cool; break up into chunks once cool. Can be made in advance.
- Mix together protein through to cocoa powder in a bowl.
- Mix together maple syrup, water and peanut butter in a separate bowl.
- Add wet to dry and mix well to combine. You should create a soft dough, not sticky, but smooth and even in colour; add a touch more water if necessary to create the dough, or if yours is too wet add 1 tbsp of oat flour at a time to dry it back out.
- Press mixture into a baking paper lined 2lb loaf tin and spread evenly using your hands. Place into the freezer for 30 minutes or into the fridge for four hours or overnight before slicing into 6 bars.
- Spread 1 tsp of melted chocolate over each bar, top with some peanut chunks and a little sprinkle of desiccated coconut if desired.
- Store in the fridge for up to one week or freeze for up to one month.