Prep - 5 Minutes
Cook - 10 Minutes
BANANA SPLIT PROTEIN OATS WITH CHOCOLATE PROTEIN DRIZZLE
Thick and creamy protein oats served up banana split style with a chocolate protein sauce! Mix it up from your usual morning oats!
- 60g (1/3 cup) gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
- 1/4 cup (60ml) egg whites
- 30ml (2 tbsp) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp (10g) Pulsin Whey Protein Concentrate
- 5 drops liquid stevia
- Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1 heaped tsp (5g) raw cacao nibs
- 1/2 tsp (2g) bee pollen
- 1 tsp (5g) raw cacao powder (for chocolate drizzle)
- 1 tsp (5g) Whey Protein Concentrate (for chocolate drizzle)
- 2 tsp water (for chocolate drizzle)
- 2-3 drops liquid stevia (for chocolate drizzle)
- ½ cup (100g) frozen raspberries (for raspberry jam)
- 10 drops liquid stevia (for raspberry jam)
- 2 tbsp water (for raspberry jam)
For the porridge
- To make the raspberry jam add all ingredients to a pot, stir and bring to the boil. Mash raspberries as they soften and leave to simmer for 15 minutes until reduced by about half. You will have about half leftover; store in the fridge in a seal tight container for up to three days.
- Cover oats with boiling water. Bring back the boil. Add stevia, cinnamon and vanilla if using. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the egg whites and stir immediately. Leave to simmer for 2 minutes. If you use fresh egg white as opposed to a liquid egg white from a bottle it is more likely to curdle.
- Mix together almond milk and whey protein. Stir mixture through the oats and cook out for 1 more minute.
- Place oats into a bowl and set aside; allow to cool for 5 minutes. You can serve these warm but they will thicken further if you allow them to cool a little.
- Slice banana in half, scoop thickened oats into the bowl and place down the center.
- Mix together water, raw cacao powder, protein and stevia to create the chocolate drizzle.
- Drizzle banana split with chocolate protein sauce, add half of the raspberry jam and sprinkle with cacao nibs and bee pollen to serve!