BANANA SPLIT PROTEIN OATS WITH CHOCOLATE PROTEIN DRIZZLE
- 60g (1/3 cup) gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
- 1/4 cup (60ml) egg whites
- 30ml (2 tbsp) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp (10g) Pulsin Whey Protein Concentrate
- 5 drops liquid stevia
- Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1 heaped tsp (5g) raw cacao nibs
- 1/2 tsp (2g) bee pollen
- 1 tsp (5g) raw cacao powder (for chocolate drizzle)
- 1 tsp (5g) Whey Protein Concentrate (for chocolate drizzle)
- 2 tsp water (for chocolate drizzle)
- 2-3 drops liquid stevia (for chocolate drizzle)
- ½ cup (100g) frozen raspberries (for raspberry jam)
- 10 drops liquid stevia (for raspberry jam)
- 2 tbsp water (for raspberry jam)
FOR THE PORRIDGE
To make the raspberry jam add all ingredients to a pot, stir and bring to the boil. Mash raspberries as they soften and leave to simmer for 15 minutes until reduced by about half. You will have about half leftover; store in the fridge in a seal tight container for up to three days.
Cover oats with boiling water. Bring back the boil. Add stevia, cinnamon and vanilla if using. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the egg whites and stir immediately. Leave to simmer for 2 minutes. If you use fresh egg white as opposed to a liquid egg white from a bottle it is more likely to curdle.
Mix together almond milk and whey protein. Stir mixture through the oats and cook out for 1 more minute.
Place oats into a bowl and set aside; allow to cool for 5 minutes. You can serve these warm but they will thicken further if you allow them to cool a little.
Slice banana in half, scoop thickened oats into the bowl and place down the center.
Mix together water, raw cacao powder, protein and stevia to create the chocolate drizzle.
Drizzle banana split with chocolate protein sauce, add half of the raspberry jam and sprinkle with cacao nibs and bee pollen to serve!