SAVOURY CORN PANCAKES
These pancakes are a delightful alternative to your usual sweet, berry or nut butter laden stack! Laced with sweet corn, they’re savoury, with a hint of natural sweetness that makes for one mightily delicious brunch!
Gluten free, dairy free and egg free, make a bigger batch to serve to the masses or reheat the next day for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 30g buckwheat flour
- 10g arrowroot flour
- 10g Pulsin Unflavoured Pea Protein
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 180ml unsweetened almond milk
- 100g sweet corn (if frozen thaw first)
- ¼ tsp Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp cumin (optional)
- 2 tsp coconut oil for cooking
- 2 tbsp dairy free plain yogurt
- ½ a ripe avocado diced
- 1 tbsp chopped roasted red pepper
For the pancakes
- Whisk together pea protein, flours, baking powder and almond milk until smooth.
- Add corn to the mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 tsp of coconut oil in a non stick 10 inch pan over a medium heat. Spoon the batter into the pan, approx. 2.5 tbsp per fritter. Cook them in batches of 2 -3.
- Cook for 3 - 4 minutes, until they look solid around the edge and carefully flip, cook for 3 minutes more.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve topped with avocado, red pepper and dairy free yogurt.