ROAST RHUBARB & GINGER PROTEIN OATS
I just love making the most of seasonal ingredients, and a bowl of lightly sweetened protein oats is always the best base for the fruits of the season.
These super creamy and thick protein oats with a little bit of a kick of ginger, cinnamon and maple syrup have all the beautiful goodness of a rhubarb crumble but as a comforting tummy loving bowl of oats.
- 60g porridge oats
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 250ml water
- 125ml oat milk
- 10g Pulsin Unflavoured Pea Protein
- 1 small bunch of rhubarb chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 tbsp raw cane sugar
For the oats
For the topping
- For the rhubarb, preheat oven to 180C (350F). Place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper, sprinkle with sugar and cook for 20 -25 minutes; until tender and juicy!
- Mix together oats through to water. Place into a bowl and heat in the microwave for 2 minutes. Alternatively cook on the stove top for 5 minutes.
- Add oat milk and pea protein, whisk using a mini whisk or fork to combine. Cook for 1 minute more in the microwave or on the stove top for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Top with 1 -2 tbsp of rhubarb, some dairy free yogurt of choice, toasted hazelnuts and chia seeds if desired. Store remaining roasted, cooled rhubarb in the fridge in a seal tight container for up to three days.