Prep - 10 Minutes
Cook - 10 Minutes
PEA PROTEIN QUINOA CAKES
Vegan friendly, high protein, SUPER delicious quinoa cakes. Ideal for making use of leftover quinoa or quinoa cooked with every great intention of whipping up a batch of these! These can be served warm, chilled or simply reheated or toasted under a preheated grill.
- 1/2 cup (100g) cooked quinoa (approx. 30g uncooked)
- 2 tbsp finely grated courgette, approx. 30g
- ½ tsp dried herb of choice (I used basil)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper (to your own taste)
- 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water
- 20g Pulsin Unflavoured Pea Protein
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
- 1 tsp coconut oil for cooking
- Mix together flax and water in a bowl and set to one side for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze grated zucchini to remove excess water.
- Once your flax mixture is an eggy consistency combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan over a medium heat.
- Mold quinoa mixture into three balls and press between the palms of your hands to create patties. Shape the edges using your hands before placing into the pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes, flip and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Served just as they are these are a high protein, super satisfying, speedy delicious little alternative meal in minutes!
- Will keep in the fridge for up to two days if the quinoa being used hasn’t been cooked more than one day in advance.