Prep - 5 Minutes
Cook - 10 Minutes
OAT FLOUR PROTEIN PANCAKES
Thick fluffy oat flour rice protein pancakes! These pancakes are one of my favourites, so easy to make, they pack a mighty nutritional punch and are so incredibly satisfying. The whey protein chocolate frosting is totally optional but HIGHLY recommended.
- 50g (1/2 cup) gluten-free oat flour
- 2 tbsp (14g) Pulsin Unflavoured Rice Protein
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup (60ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large whole egg or 1/4 cup (60ml) egg whites
- Pinch or two of cinnamon
- Pinch vanilla powder or 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp Stevia Erylite or 1-2 tsp honey/maple syrup or 5-10 drops liquid stevia
- 1 tbsp (10g) Pulsin Whey Protein Concentrate
- 1 tsp (5g) raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp Stevia Erylite or 1 tsp honey/maple syrup or 5 drops liquid stevia
For the pancakes
- Blend together all pancake ingredients using a hand blender.
- Spray a non-stick pan with some melted coconut oil.
- Place approx. 3 tbsp of the thick batter into the pan to create one pancake. I cook them two at a time. Leave to cook for 3 minutes over a low to medium heat. Carefully flip and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Repeat with remainder of the batter (it usually makes 4 small but thick pancakes!).
- Mix together frosting ingredients in a small bowl with a teaspoon. It's easier to do this in a small ramekin to achieve a thick smooth consistency.
- Serve pancakes topped with protein frosting and fruit of choice...bananas were the order of the day on this occasion!