Prep - 5 Minutes
Cook - 25 Minutes
DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE BAKED OATS
Single serve chocolate baked oats… fudgy, cakey, with a little bit of chew. I love making single serve versions so they get a little crispy round the edges and bake quickly, but I’m also just a sucker for something that looks cute and compact!
- 50g oats
- 10g millet, quinoa or buckwheat flakes
- 135ml unsweetened almond milk
- 30g banana puree
- 15g cacao powder
- 5g whole or milled chia seeds
- 5 to 10 ml organic maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 11/4 tsp baking powder
- 10g Natural Chocolate Flavour Pea Protein mixed with 30ml extra almond milk to make an icing
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F). Blend together cacao powder, almond milk, banana puree, maple syrup and vanilla.
- If using protein blend into this mixture and add an additional 30 ml of almond milk.
- Pour over oats, chia seeds, additional flakes of choice and baking powder. You can also just use 70g oats.
- Spray your oven safe dish. Place oats into your dish. You want them at least an inch deep.
- Bake for 20 - 25 mins. I cover mine after 15 mins with foil to prevent them burning; my oven is a little temperamental.
- Allow to cool before popping out of the dish. You can eat warm, chilled or reheat if desired.