Chocolate Pea Protein Waffle
This protein waffle is the ultimate weekend breakfast!
I used to find it difficult to incorporate plant protein into my perfected gluten free recipes but the trick is just not to over do it and usually you just need to add a little bit more liquid as they can be quite absorbent. This chocolate protein waffle turned out perfectly first time round and I’ve been making it on repeat ever since!
- 60g buckwheat flour
- 10g Pulsin Natural Chocolate Pea Protein
- 180ml water
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 10g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp milled flaxseed
- 1/2 tbsp (7g) coconut oil melted.
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Whisk together all ingredients in a jug until smooth and silky.
- Grease waffle iron with spray oil.
- My waffle iron accommodates all the batter in one go, do not overfill your waffle iron…, it’s never a good time!
- Allow to cook for 8 - 10 minutes; time will vary depending on your waffle iron, mine usually takes at least 8 / 9 minutes to fully cook the entire waffle and ensure it’s crispy round the edges.
- Serve with berries, dairy free yogurt and some nut butter or Vego vegan friendly chocolate hazelnut spread if desired! You’d be mad not to!