A SHAUN THE SHEEP MOVIE: FARMAGEDDON INSPIRED GALACTIC COCONUT DISCS
To celebrate the launch of A Shaun The Sheep Movie: Farmageddon I’ve created these bright and beautiful galactic inspired coconut discs coated in dark chocolate! Spaceships? Discs? Circles? Whatever you decide to call them they are so much easier than bars to make as you don’t need to do any slicing and you can use a silicone cupcake mould!
- 150g desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tsp beet powder
- 200g dark chocolate of choice, roughly chopped or broken up
- 150g coconut condensed milk (you can use regular condensed milk if you don’t need them to be dairy free)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp blueberry powder
- Mix together coconut, condensed milk, coconut milk and vanilla extract in a bowl. Divide the mixture into two bowls. Add the beet powder to one and the blueberry powder to the other. Mix well!
- Divide both mixtures into silicone cupcake trays to create 8 - 10 discs. Press down to ensure the mixture is nice and compact using a teaspoon.
- Place trays or tray into the freezer for them to set for 45 minutes or overnight.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave using 30 second increments; stir after each one.
- One at a time, dip the set centres into the melted chocolate, coat and lift using a fork.
- Gently shake off the excess chocolate before transferring to a baking paper lined tray. Allow to set in the fridge for 30 minutes before eating.