Yule love this festive log recipe
Yule Log Ingredients
- 100g or rice flour
- 150 of ground almonds
- 3 tablespoons of rice protein powder
- 80g of raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum
- 3 chia eggs
- 100g of coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons of almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the filling and topping
- 400ml of coconut cream, refrigerated overnight (for the filling)
- 2 tablespoons of agave syrup or maple syrup (for the filling)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (for the filling)
- 170g chocolate drops, melted (for the topping)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (for the topping)
- 100ml of coconut milk (for the topping)
- Christmas decorations (optional) (for the topping)
Yule love this Christmas Yule Log with added Rice Protein and delicious dark chocolate frosting!
This Christmas Yule Log will store in the fridge for up to three days (if you don’t eat it all at once!)
- Adjust your oven rack to middle position for even baking. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees/gas mark 4. Grease your baking tray and line with greaseproof paper, set aside.
- Whisk together your rice flour, ground almonds, cacao powder, baking powder, rice protein powder, salt, and xanthan gum in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Next, add the coconut sugar to your chia egg mixture and mix well in a separate large bowl.
- Add your flour mixture, one tablespoon at a time to the chia egg mixture. Mix until just combined. Spread batter evenly into your prepared pan.
- Bake until the cake is aromatic and springs back to the touch, this will take around 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven and immediately run a knife around the edges of the pan. Then, carefully, flip the cake out onto a wet towel. Slowly pull the piece of parchment off the cake.
- Starting from the long end, roll the cake into a snug log. Allow the cake to cool for about one hour.
- While the cake cools, prepare the filling. Simply whisk the coconut cream with your chosen sweetener and vanilla extract, set aside.
- Slowly unroll the cake. Spread filling over the cake, leaving about a 1/2-inch border around the cake. Re-roll the cake (without the towel this time). Using a serrated knife, trim the edges. Discard or eat as a cook's treat or stick to your Yule log. Cut off two slices at a diagonal, about 2 to 3-inches each. Get creative with this!
- Transfer your log to a serving platter.
- Lastly, prepare the frosting. Simply add all your frosting ingredients in a bowl and whisk, it will form a ganache like consistency. Use at once.
- Frost your Yule log with your prepared chocolate frosting. Serve and enjoy right away!