Veganuary Diary – Day 18
Last night I decided to make one of my favourite dishes- Veganised! I’ve always been a massive fan of Tom Yum soup- but alas I couldn’t find a vegan Tom Yum paste so I decided to improvise! I am delighted to report that the result was delicious and an all round winner in my house!
I thought I’d share the recipe with you guys!
Know any delicious vegan thai pastes? Tell us! @pulsinhq #pulsinveganuary
Missed day 17 of my Veganuary blog? Find it here: Veganuary Diary – Day 17
- Chop up the Tofu into bitesize pieces and then put it between a couple of tea towels and pop some heavy books on it... leave to press for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, chop all the veg, ginger, garlic and lemongrass.
- Chuck in a large stock pot with a bit of oil and fry till the veg starts to soften!
- Combine cornflour, sweet chilli sauce and a table spoon of water in a bowl add in the tofu and stir.
- Pop on a baking tray and bake for 15 mins
- Add in the curry paste to the veg and combine for a couple of minutes
- Add in the coconut milk and veg stock!
- Squeeze in the juice of one lime
- Add the rice noodles and coriander
- Once the noodles are soft add in the oven baked tofu.
- Pour into bowls and top with chopped fresh chilli and spring onions, squeeze the other lime on top of each dish!