Start your day with these fluffy Peanut Butter Protein Waffles
- 70g oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10g coconut sugar
- 15g rice protein
- 150ml unsweetened non dairy milk of choice
- 5g milled flaxseed
- 30g smooth all natural peanut butter
Thick fluffy peanut butter protein waffles! Crispy on the outside, soft and bready in the middle with a double duty protein boost.
You can get a protein boost in the morning by having these as part of your breakfast or brunch. However, they are also perfect served with ice cream as a post workout dessert!
Not got a waffle iron?
No worries, you can also make waffles in a griddle pan. Drop a ladle of the mixture into your pan and cook one side and then the other in a similar way to making pancakes.
- Whisk or blend together all ingredients in a large jug or blender.
- Preheat waffle iron and grease with spray oil.
- Pour batter into waffle iron. My waffle iron takes the whole amount of batter to make one large round thick waffle. Only fill it just to the bottom edge so it doesn’t spill over.
- Close and cook for 8 to 10 minutes; again this will depend on your waffle iron! Don’t open it for at least 5 minutes!
- Serve topped with dairy free yogurt, peanut butter, brown rice syrup and some chopped peanuts if desired…