Green Melon Smoothie Bowl
- 40g baby spinach
- 130g frozen pineapple chunks
- 75g cucumber chunk
- 5 tbsp Pulsin Protein Powder (I use pea or soya bean varieties).
- 3cm chunk of ginger (optional)
- 1 frozen banana
- 100g Galia, orange or Honeydew melon
- 1 tbsp Goldenberry and chia powerblend
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 60ml coconut water or plant milk
Are you a smoothie operator? I love smoothies; I find them a super convenient and tasty way to pack in the nutrients, be it for breakfast or later on in the day to refuel when you are world-weary or simply need to re-energise. (I love them after a hard workout session!)
This green melon smoothie is refreshing, tangy and a powerhouse of nutrients; packed full of anti-oxidants, fibre and protein.
I have sweetened this with melon, banana and pineapple and balanced out the sweetness with spinach and cucumber.
To bump up the nutritional profile, I have added protein powder and a blend of chia and dried goldenberry (Goldenberry and Chia powerblend).
You can make this smoothie and drink it from a glass or pour it into a bowl. I love making smoothie bowls so I can add toppings!
- Add all ingredients into a blender and whizz to combine. Pour into a bowl and decorate as desired.
- I used a combination of puffed quinoa, melon balls, toasted coconut, fresh blueberries, radish flowers topped with chia seeds in the middle (stamens!), sliced grapes, pumpkin seeds, dried goji berries and dried goldenberries.
- Topping ideas: Fresh fruit, quinoa crispies, granola, protein crispies, coconut chips, sliced carrot or radish, dried goldenberries, pumpkin seeds, goji berries, hemp seeds and chia seeds.