A Shrove Tuesday Special you’ll love: Matcha Pancakes with Chocolate Protein Cream
- 50g buckwheat flour
- 40g banana puree
- 125ml water
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
Chocolate Protein Cream Ingredients
- 20g Natural chocolate flavour pea protein
- 50g dairy free yogurt
- 2 tbsp dairy free milk
- 5g cacao powder
A perfect option for Shrove Tuesday, these vanilla matcha pancakes are super thick and fluffy whilst being gluten free and vegan friendly.
Eat them layered up with a super easy chocolate protein cream using the new chocolate pea protein!
- Whisk together all pancake ingredients until smooth in a bowl or jug.
- Cook 2.5 tbsp of batter per pancake in a preheated non stick pan over a medium heat. Cook for 3 minutes, flip and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Whisk together protein cream ingredients in clean bowl.
- Layer pancakes up with protein cream and serve topped with some dairy free yogurt, heated strawberries and a sprinkling of cacao nibs.