These tropical Green Protein Crepes will brighten your winter morning
- 25g greens powder
- 10g rice protein
- 1 heaped tsp (5g) ground flaxseed
- 250ml water or unsweetened almond milk
- 50g buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 drops stevia or 1 tsp maple syrup
Eat your greens in pancake or crepe form…the dream! Rather than blending in spinach and messing with the structure of the batter we made use of a super green powder and gave these crepes a protein boost with our brown rice protein.
Served with passion fruit, kiwi, banana, and coconut these crepes are beautifully tropical, a plate of bright, nourishing bliss to brighten our mood on these slightly more dreary winter mornings!
- Whisk together all ingredients until smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Cook 60ml (1/4 cup) measures of the batter in a non stick pan over a medium heat. Swirl the pan to spread the batter immediately.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. The sides will start to lift. Flip and cook for 1 minute more.
- These reheat well and can be served cold.
- Serve with coconut yogurt, whole chia seeds, some bee pollen (for vegetarian version) and coconut flakes for some natural nutrient dense sprinkles!